I am a digital communications strategist seeking a senior position at a progressive organization.
I offer expertise in
- Content strategy
- Engagement campaigns
- Online fundraising
- Web design and front-end development
- Email design and development
- Digital video editing and online delivery
- Social media
Director of Digital Engagement, Global Fund for Women, November 2009-present
Grew online presence and audience
- Created and supported the implementation of a data-driven online content strategy, including video and cross-channel campaigns, to support audience growth and engagement objectives.
- Exceeded 3-year online audience growth goals by more than 100%.
- Tripled mailing list size in three years through paid and organic strategies.
- Grew Adwords-referred website traffic by 350%.
- Increased mobile/social traffic to website through responsive redesign.
- Managed brand online and in print.
- Designed and directed the design of print publications.
Contributed to high-target, high-success fundraising that exceeded goals
- Collaborated with Development team to double online giving within three years.
- Helped to bring in 5 million-dollar gifts from major donors by designing gift portfolio website.
- Supported our 25th anniversary campaign, including two galas, with web and email design, art direction, photo editing, video editing, and online features that helped us exceed our fundraising goals.
Collaborated and managed throughout the organization
- Contributed to organizational leadership and internal communications by serving on the Senior Management Team.
- Contributed to staff morale, teambuilding, and workplace culture by serving on Staff Council.
- Served as Communications lead on cross-team donor database & CRM evaluation, selection, and integration, identifying the best tools, ensuring timely launch, and noting and fixing errors.
Consultant, Urban Sprouts, September 2009–November 2009
- Conducted needs assessment and provided recommendations to leadership.
- Redesigned website and several third-party companion platforms to create a unified look and feel that supported the organization’s branding initiatives, and helped recruit volunteers and raise money through online donations.
- Migrated the existing site from Blogger to WordPress.
Consultant, Roots of Change, May 2009–November 2009
- Redesigned website to increase membership through a more visible, more appealing online signup system.
- Edited videos, added bumpers and lower third graphics, formatted them and uploaded them to YouTube.
Senior Designer, UCSF Public Affairs Department, January 2007–August 2009
- Managed dozens of campus clients to design and produce successful web and print publications.
- Led web and print projects from initial client contact through launch.
- Designed sites for the Department of Neurological Surgery, the Strategic Planning Board, and dozens of other campus entities.
- Designed and produced email marketing campaigns.
- Prepared videos for online delivery.
- Designed and produced 4-color, multi-page newsletters, brochures, and post cards.
Supported art director in branding initiatives.
- Managed freelance designers and developers.
Web/UI Designer, Mother Jones, February 2000 – September 2006
- Maintained budgets and deadlines and coordinated small teams as project manager for site redesign.
- Implemented new content management system.
- Created new site architecture, page layout, color system, and typographic system for 2001 and 2006 redesigns.
- Designed and produced numerous special reports and Flash micro-sites.
- Created the brand and online presence for Mother Jones Radio.
- Managed online communities.
Partner/Designer, Human Design, Oct. 1996 – December 1999
- Led, as one of three principals, a small company specializing in design and production of small businesses’ websites.
- Collaborated on the development of project style and content.
- Designed multimedia projects and produced graphics and code for the web.
- As a partner in the company, responsible for organizational development, financial management, and marketing.
Systems and Software
I am comfortable with a variety of databases, CRM, and content management systems, including Salesforce, Salsa, WordPress, and Joomla!. I work daily with Adobe Creative Suite and the video editing programs Adobe Premiere and Final Cut Pro.
Nonprofit Technology Conference
Professional Sequence in Graphic Design, UC Berkeley
Post-Production Fundamentals, Video Engineering, Bay Area Video Coalition
Dynamic Media Design Certificate Program, Center for Electronic Art
Digital Video: The Tools and the Concepts, Nonlinear Editing and Post-Production, American Film Institute
BA in Theatre Arts, University of California, Santa Cruz
Speaking Engagements & Professional Affiliations
Presenter, “How to Make Your Website More Engaging,” UC Berkeley School of Public Health, 2013
Member, Nonprofit Technology Network, 2010 – Present
Member, Organization for Transformative Works, 2007 – Present